Population GeneticsIn Population Genetics the group has combined formal Population Genetics and Genetic Epidemiological approaches in relation to genetic association analyses of human complex traits. A small sample of publications:
- Gaunt TR, Rodriguez S, Guthrie PA, Day IN. An expectation-maximization program for determining allelic spectrum from CNV data (CoNVEM): insights into population allelic architecture and its mutational history. Hum Mutat. 2010 Apr;31(4):414-20.
- Rodriguez S, Gaunt TR, Day IN. Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium testing of biological ascertainment for Mendelian randomization studies. Am J Epidemiol. 2009 Feb 15;169(4):505-14. Epub 2009 Jan 6.
- Gaunt TR, Rodriguez S, Day IN. Cubic exact solutions for the estimation of pairwise haplotype frequencies: implications for linkage disequilibrium analyses and a web tool 'CubeX'. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007 Nov 2;8:428.
- Gaunt TR, Rodriguez S, Zapata C, Day IN. MIDAS: software for analysis and visualisation of interallelic disequilibrium between multiallelic markers. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006 Apr 27;7:227.
- Rodriguez S, Chen XH, Miller GJ and Day IN. Nonrecombining chromosome Y haplogroups and centromeric HindIII RFLP in relation to blood pressure in 2743 middle-aged Caucasian men from the UK Hum Genet 2005 116(4): 311-318.